Celebrate Sound; Don't Walk in Silence
The Sertoma Clubs of Omaha will hold a walk and fundraiser in support of hearing health. Proceeds will enhance hearing impaired equipment at the Omaha Community Playhouse.
Saturday, May 4, 2013
8 a.m. Registration begins
9 a.m. Walk begins
8901 S. 154th St.
Omaha, NE 68138
To register or for more information, click here.
CELEBRATE SOUND Don’t Walk in Silence is a national fund- and awareness-raising walk created to help promote hearing health in our communities. Half of the net proceeds will be used to enhance the theatre experience at the Omaha Community Playhouse for patrons who are hard of hearing. The other half will be used to help fund Sertoma’s national hearing health mission projects such as:
• College scholarships for hard-of-hearing and deaf students;
• Scholarships for those pursuing graduate studies in
speech-language pathology or audiology;
• SAFEEars! an awareness program for the prevention of Noise Induced Hearing Loss;
• A Sound Investment campaign to promote better public accessibility for people using assistive hearing devices;
• Grants to local non-profits providing hearing healthcare in communities across the nation.