If asked what kind of educational opportunities the Omaha Community Playhouse provides, most OCP patrons would answer “camps, classes and workshops.” Very true! But did you know OCP also offers customized theatre arts programming for schools and organizations? The OCP Interact program does just that.
The Interact program offers interested groups the opportunity to provide educational theatre arts programming led by highly qualified teaching artists for their students or members. Some examples of recent Interact programming include:
• Afterschool workshops in acting, improv, dance, puppetry and script writing for Omaha Public elementary and middle schools. (Funding provided by Lincoln Financial Group)
• Acting workshops for Millard Public School elementary students during Fall Break.
• High School Residency Projects: a three-day workshop series which brings the themes of a current OCP production to life in conjunction with high school curriculum standards. (Funding provided by Wells Fargo Bank and the Nebraska Arts Council)
• Interviewing and scriptwriting workshops for Papillion-La Vista High Ability Learners (7th and 8th graders).
• Monthly dance workshops for the Catholic Homeschool Association.
• Shakespeare workshop for Skutt Catholic High School drama students.
• Building tours for various school groups and organizations such as St. Peter Claver High School art students, Girl/Boy Scouts, Burke High School English students and Lewis Central High School music appreciation students.
The Interact program works very much “a la carte”. In other words, we can tailor programming to fit every need and budget. From a complimentary building tour to a series of workshops over an eight-week session, OCP’s goal is to fill the creative needs of any school or organization.
If you know of a group looking for an educational opportunity, direct them to Melanie Walters, Director of Education and Outreach, at (402) 553-4890, ext. 131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.