Readers of this blog hopefully know by now that the Omaha Community Playhouse (OCP) offers a wide variety of educational opportunities throughout the year through its extensive class program, but did you know OCP provides quality educational opportunities outside of the usual class offerings?
Interact is the name for all of educational theatrical opportunities OCP offers to schools, community groups and various organizations throughout the year. Some examples of recent Interact programming are:
• High School Theatre Arts Residencies – a three-day workshop series which brings the theme of an OCP production to life in high school classes such as sociology, psychology, history, English and geography
• Afterschool workshops in acting, improv or dance for various elementary and middle school afterschool programs
• Free backstage tours for more than 500 students from various schools or community groups year round
• Acting, improv or dance workshops at OCP for more than 20 different schools or community groups
• Dance workshops for the Catholic Homeschool Association.
• Shakespeare auditioning technique workshop for Skutt Catholic High School
• Technical theatre demonstrations for 7th grade students from Russell Middle School
Funding for the high school residencies and afterschool workshops is generously provided by Wells Fargo Bank Nebraska, Lincoln Financial Group, UMB Bank and the Nebraska Arts Council. Without their support, OCP would not have the means to provide these schools with such quality programming.
Do you know a school or group interested in working with the Omaha Community Playhouse? Contact the Director of Education at (402) 553-4890, ext. 131 to discuss programming opportunities. Programming can be scheduled based on any budget and timeline.