Evil Dead: The Musical - blood, gore and more!

Everyone is buzzing about Evil Dead: The Musical, the Splatter Zone and all the fun that goes along with it. But what has the cast excited about the show? They’re just dying to tell you!

Name: Amanda Rounds
Character: Annie

Were you a fan of the movies in the Evil Dead series before auditioning for this show? My older brother and I used to watch Army of Darkness all the time.  He even had a movie poster up in his bedroom, and I think, a t-shirt.  I don’t even think I understood the plot – I just thought it was so cool that funny people came out of the ground and that guy had a chainsaw for a hand. 

Why did you want to audition for Evil Dead: The Musical? I remember how excited I was when I heard about Evil Dead: The Musical off-Broadway.  And the splatter zone sounded so cool!  When I heard the Omaha Community Playhouse was doing it, I knew it would be literally off the chainsaw

What is your favorite part about this show? It’s a tight piece with so much to catch that the audience will literally have to sit on the edges of their seats in order to eat it all up.  And for those  in the splatter zone – wow.  They’re going to be catching more than quips and punch-lines, for sure!

What is your favorite part about your character? I honestly get to have so much fun.  Every moment in every scene is basically my favorite. 
Brian Zealand as Ash and Amanda Rounds as Annie

Name: Lindsey Tierney 
Character: Linda

Why did you want to audition for Evil Dead: The Musical?
It is a musical that is full of fun and energy, and I wanted to be a part of a project like this.  Also, my friends and I love zombie movies, so I was really hoping to get cast.

What is your favorite part about your character?
Linda is this goody-goody that is quite innocent in the beginning, but when she turns to the dark side, a whole new personality takes over her, and I enjoy playing with that contrast. 

Name: Brian Zealand
Character: Ash

Did you see any of the movies in the Evil Dead series before auditioning for this show?
You bet; all three! I loved them! Evil Dead 2 is my favorite.

Why did you want to audition for Evil Dead: The Musical?
The idea of having the opportunity to kill zombies or be a zombie on stage was definitely on the actor bucket list for me!
Brian Zealand as Ash

Name: Thomas Gjere
Character: Ed

Were you a fan of the movies in the Evil Dead series before auditioning for this show? Army of Darkness was a movie I've liked since I saw it as a kid.

What is your favorite part about this show?
Is it cliche to say "the splatter zone?"

What is your favorite part about your character?
He can never get a word in edgewise. Poor guy. But it makes memorizing lines a snap!

What advice would you give someone who is coming to this show?
Join us! Ha ha, oh the puns are even getting to me. But seriously, come ready to laugh and be covered in copious amounts of gore. It'll be a good time. I promise.

Evil Dead: The Musical plays in the Howard Drew Theatre Feb. 10-March 17, Thursdays-Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2 p.m. Tickets are $40 for adults and $24 for students. For groups of 12 or more, tickets are $29 for adults and $18 for students. For tickets, visit omahaplayhouse.com, call 402-553-0800 or visit the OCP Box Office. Indicate whether or not you want seats in the Splatter Zone! And for more bloody, good fun, join us for the Splatter Bash on Feb. 15.

No comments: