Jack Adler's new role as Feldzeig in The Drowsy Chaperone

We can not wait to see Jack Adler as Feldzeig in The Drowsy Chaperone! Despite his busy schedule with rehearsals and performances, we were able to catch up with him and talk about his upcoming role.


How did you get into acting?
I started in Vaudeville working with the likes of Eddie Foy and The Seven Little Foys, Sophie Tucker, Ed Wynn, Al Jolson, W. C. Fields, Mae West, Buster Keaton, Bill "Bojangles" Robinson, Edgar Bergen, Fanny Brice, Burns and Allen and Eddie Cantor!  As Vaudeville began to decline, I began pursuing work with my wife Sadie in the theatre.

Why did you audition for this show?
A guy has got to eat; have you seen me? It takes a lot of food to keep up this appearance!

What drew you to your character of Feldzieg?
It was the perfect venue to allow me to work with my wife, Sadie Adler, who plays Kitty.

How did you prepare for this part?
Are you kidding?!  I’ve been in the business since I was in knee pants!  I had a plethora of producers from over the years to draw upon for this character.

How would you and your character get along?
I can only play what I know. I’ve got to deal with Sadie; he’s got to deal with Kitty. I’m sure we’d be kindred spirits!


What do you hope the audience gets from your character?
I hope it’s an escape and that I provide a few laughs, but truth be told, Sadie gets all the funny bits.

What do you like to do in your free time?
I don’t have much free time. I’m too busy explaining all the jokes to Sadie!

Answers by Joe Dignoti who plays Jack Adler who plays Feldzeig
Article by Madison Denkinger

No comments: