Recommended Reading for Girls: Where are they now? - Mika Caplan

Mika Caplan


Mika Caplan (Heidi) last appeared as Chief Elder in The Giver and Silly Girl in Disney's Beauty in the Beast (Burke High School) and Female E in a staged reading of The Motherhood Almanac (Shelterbelt Theatre). She is currently an undergraduate student at the University of Nebraska—Lincoln and will be graduating in a few weeks with a B.S. in Microbiology. Between classes and research, Mika unfortunately hasn't been able to participate in any sort of theatre productions for the last few years. Favorite memory: "My favorite memory from this show definitely has to do with the cast. As the youngest cast member, I learned a lot from the outstanding team of women who worked to put on this production. I was really touched when the entire cast helped me celebrate my 15th birthday during one of the shows in May that was complete with Heidi-themed Swiss Rolls and homemade cake. Even though I had only recently gotten my learner's permit, everyone treated me like a mature young adult from the very beginning. I also really enjoyed learning all of my lines in German! I remember listening to audio recordings of my lines read by a native German speaker on repeat and trying to replicate the sounds and the accent. It was definitely a challenging role to fill, but I had I had such a great time being part of this special play." #OCPRecommendedReadingforGirls

No comments: