An Insider's View: Meet our Intern

My name is Jackie Skarda and I am interning at the Omaha Community Playhouse. I am a communications major at the University of Nebraska at Omaha. I love arts organizations and what they do for the community, so I am very excited about this opportunity.

I have already met most of the people in the office and the production crews. I can already tell that everyone loves what they do. Everyone is so talented and enthusiastic. They made me feel right at home! Even Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, the adopted fish backstage, seemed energetic!

This is my second day of the internship and I already have some great ideas! My main project that I am working on is a “behind the scenes” video for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. I really want patrons of the Omaha Community Playhouse to see how the cast and crew prepare for each performance and what goes on backstage. I am hoping to conduct some interviews to include in the video.
I am working with Karli Newman, Betsye Paragas, and Amanda Hoklin on various projects throughout the office as well. I will also be shadowing different people to get a sense of what they do on a daily basis.

In the near future, I want to create video segments that include spotlights of people that work here at the Omaha Community Playhouse. There are a lot of interesting and artistic people here that I think patrons should know more about.

I am looking forward to spending these next few months with the Omaha Community Playhouse. I know I will have a great time and gain a lot of valuable experience. I will keep you updated with my projects and ideas!

Jackie Skarda

No comments: