An Insider's View: First Assignments

Another great week at the Omaha Community Playhouse! They are keeping me busy with a wide variety of tasks.

I went behind the scenes of Joesph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat to record some video of the cast and crew. Everyone was very nice and inquisitive about my project, especially the children’s chorus! They are like magnets to the camera.

Last week was the Buy the Big O! Show at the Qwest Center. I helped with the OCP booth alongside Karli Newman. I was excited to talk to others about our season and get people interested in our shows.

During the past couple of weeks, I have also helped on projects for Betsye Paragas, including updating reviewer lists. I also sat in on an advertising meeting with Betsye, Amanda Hoklin and advertisers from The Reader. I enjoyed the experience because it gave me real world taste of how business works.

I sat in with Amanda last week while she was creating a poster for Almost, Maine. She is such a talented designer! She taught me a lot in the short time I was shadowing her. I am looking forward to seeing what she can teach me in the future.

I am thrilled to be interning with such great people. I hear all these horror stories from fellow classmates about places they have interned at. I am happy to tell them my internship is the best I could hope for! I will keep updating with my experiences and feelings. Below is my video. I hope you enjoy!



Jackie Skarda

No comments: